Hello there, fellow Pleaters! As you may know if you’ve been following my blog, I’m participating in a fun challenge, set by the lovely Stonebridge Hair people, who have the most beautiful hair accessories. The Challenge is simple – wear your hair in a pleat everyday for 100 days, and take a pic. Easy, eh?! It didn’t have to be brilliant, Pin-worthy or anything,we just tried! We are almost three quarters of the way through, so I thought it was time to reflect on what I’ve learnt thus far. Turns out that I’ve learnt far more ways to wear my hair up than I realised! I’ve counted 17 different variations thus far. Some have turned out better than others, some were disasters, but every time I learnt something new. Which is always a nice thing, don’t you think? So, here we are then, 17 different styles for your perusal and amusement:
1. French knot pleat.
2. French pleat with plaited tail ends tucked back in.
3. High topknot
4. Low bun.
5. Double pleat.
6. Twin pleat.
7. French pleat with hairstick.
8. Edwardian pleat.
9. French pleat held by a pleat comb.
10. French plait pleat.
11. French pleat held by u-pin.
12. Upside down bun held by u-pin.
13. French pleat held by claw clamp.
14. Bun formed by twisting round hairstick/ spoon.
15. French pleat with tail ends out.
16. French pleat held with a barrette.
17. Half up pleat held with spoon. Hmmmm!
What will the next few weeks hold in store for this crazy Pleater?!